Tuesday 26 June 2012

ain't she sweet?

What do bored, entertainment deprived teenage girls in their FINAL year of high school do when they are not so free? They watch movies and documentaries and what not, in various languages instead of working on their history project  and cry over the achievements of a woman who rose from a bar dancer to a successful (ha, this word doesn't even begin to cover her majestic power and divine aura) designer. Yes, I am talking about the creator of one the biggest fashion brand - Chanel i.e. COCO CHANEL *orchestra goes crazy*
I did my freshman year Business Studies project on her majesty, and now every Chanel product seems to speak to me and not in a creepy way either. It takes me back to her struggle; being abandoned by her sister, barely getting by on scrapes, hooking up with ugly men to somehow be a part of the adventurous city life that seems out of reach, like an exclusive inner circle that can complete your life (so the movie might have exaggerated her life a bit, but it is definitely better than the robotic version on Wikipedia). She despised the overly frivolous clothes women forced themselves into, just to look presentable to the society and fit their mold of an 'elegant, well-behaved lady'. Who cares about the too tight corsets, hats that weigh a ton and a truckload of jewellery? Women must, at all times, look pleasing to the eye, especially to that of a man, who is obviously the ultimate judge of her beauty.


 


WHY CAN'T I BE YOU? *whines and stomps around*
I don't know. I just like complaining these days, about anything and everything. Its fun. Like "Why is there a beetle in my bathroom? Why can't I just shower in peace without dying from a beetle bite?" or "Why is it night already? Can't a person enjoy reading in the sunlight?" Mom says I need to grow up. "Why do I have to grow up? I can't even whine now? It's a free country!"

3 comments:

  1. Why do I have to grow up?yeah
    love Coco, amazing post!
    http://fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes!! I love her so much. Her work is such inspiration. This is a great post <3 I love your blog! I followed you :)

    http://bell--shire.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete