Tuesday 15 November 2011

let the past reel you in.


While going through editorials on models.com, my sister (who is a model-in-the-making-herself) came up with this - For being a model, all one has to do is hop in a time machine and go back to your scrawny 12 year old self. That didn't make much sense at first but look further and it does sound legit.

For instance, most models are required to sport heavy brows (just like their early teens) instead of the getting them done like most women.



VS

Then there is the chest factor. Models are usually, on the lighter side when it comes to the 'heaviness of thy bosom'


which again holds a resemblance to our young tomboyish selves.

Models are preferred to keep their hair down i.e. simple and straight which was the exact fashion I sported as a kid. It was only when I grew up that I developed a fondness for crazy haircuts and what not. At times, I regret having touched my hair in the first place. Long hair are easy to style and look pretty.

This one holds true for all of us, not just models in particular. Donning looks inspired by the 60's, 70's and the 80's.

60's

70's
80's

Going vintage is just about being young again minus the puberty pimples and braces.

Among other things, I have made a little promise to myself on not bunking classes anymore and passing high school with good grades.
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment